Tuesday, August 11, 2009

**** UFC100 ****

Jim planned an awesome trip for the two of us to go to UFC100 last month in Las Vegas. We went to the first UFC Fan Expo the day before and the day of the fights. It was fantastic! We saw and got pictures of so many fighters...and got our pictures taken with a few of them. As you might know...I have become quite the GSP fan...particularly because of his nice legs! So here is one of my highlights...the weigh-ins. That would be GSP in his undies. The other guy is Thiago "The Pitbull" Alves...the guy who lost.


And here is Jim's highlight...Arianny ~ Octagon Girl. I was able to get an autographed picture of her for both Bryar and James...which they promptly hung up in their rooms...so Jim was free to get his own. James is still very angry with Jim that he put his arm around her. lol

And another one of my highlights...my pic with Forrest Griffin. (I don't need any "run Forrest, run" comments after his fight on Saturday against Anderson "The Spider" Silva). I also got his autograph in a huge UFC hardcover book.


I was soooo close to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. He walked around the Expo without any of his entourage so I was able to get within arms reach of him. Not that I would reach out and touch him.

And here is Jim as a toddler. lol This guy was GIGANTIC! He competes in the World's Strongest Man competitions and was hanging out at the UFC Gym booth at the Expo. He was the nicest guy.

Jim or I also got our pictures taken with ~ "The Veteran Voice of the Octagon" Bruce Buffer ~ Junie Browning ~ Nate "The Rock" Quarry ~ Dean "The Boogeyman" Lister ~ Bobby Lashley ~ Jamie Varner ~ Leonard "Bad Boy" Garcia.

We got pictures of ~ Randy "The Natural" Couture ~ Kenny Florian ~ "The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine ~ Clay "The Carpenter" Guida ~ Gabriel Gonzaga ~ Shane Carwin ~ "California Kid" Urijah Faber ~ Antonio "Minotauro" Nogueira ~ Sean "The Muscle Shark" Sherk ~ Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva ~ Mike Wessel (the guy I danced with after UFC92!)

We also saw ~ Mark "The Hammer" Coleman ~ Nate Diaz ~ Nick Diaz ~ but no pics. And even though I was very close to ~ "Sugar" Rashad Evans ~ I didn't want a picture of him...don't like him!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, how do I say this. How about FREAKIN' AWESOME! I can't believe all the pictures you got. You should have posted them all! (Or you can just e-mail them to me!) I wish we could have worked it out to go with. Bummer. Maybe next year?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how cool the whole thing was. We saw Chuck "The Iceman" get inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. The highlight tho had to be the Henderson/Bisping knockout. WOW!

    ReplyDelete